Electric scooters are eco-friendly and help reduce air pollution by producing zero carbon emissions. In Nepal, where petrol prices are on the rise, owning an electric scooter like Jamuni Auto Centre’s Slane N90 can be a significant advantage. While electric scooters may have a higher upfront cost compared to traditional scooters, they prove to be cost-effective in the long run.
To ensure your electric scooter battery lasts longer, follow these essential maintenance tips:
- Keep your scooter in a location with a temperature above 0 degrees.
- Use the original charger designed for your battery’s voltage.
- Unplug the battery once it’s fully charged.
- Allow the battery to cool down before charging it.
- Avoid completely draining the battery; if it happens, recharge it as soon as possible after it has cooled down.
- Consider using a battery tender charger if the scooter will be unused for an extended period.
Before Every Ride:
- Check that the lights and indicators are functioning correctly.
- Verify the tire pressure is optimal.
- Ensure smooth movement of the wheels and handlebars.
- Inspect the tires for any signs of wear and tear.
- Check the charger for signs of damage.
- Examine the cables for wear or damage.
Maintenance Every 6 Months:
- Tighten all bolts to maintain stability and safety.
- Assess the condition of the chassis and fork.
- Adjust the brakes to ensure proper functioning.
Proper maintenance involves both preventive and corrective measures. Preventive maintenance enhances safety, reliability, and cost-effectiveness, while relying solely on corrective maintenance can lead to higher costs, compromised safety, poor riding experiences, and increased downtime.
Additional Tips for Specific Components:
- Maintain the recommended tire pressure for optimal performance.
- Take special care of the battery; keep it in a place above 0 degrees, use the original charger, avoid overcharging or completely draining the battery, and charge it before turning off the scooter. Consider using a battery tender if the scooter will be unused for a while.
- Wash your electric scooter with caution. Ensure it is powered off, avoid outdoor washing due to limited waterproofing, and use warm soapy water and a non-soapy sponge for cleaning.
- Clean the wheels and chain using a platform that allows free spinning. Use a brush with eco cleaner and lubricate the chain appropriately.
By following these maintenance tips, you can ensure that your Jamuni Auto Centre’s Slane N90 electric scooter remains efficient, reliable, and lasts longer. Regular maintenance not only extends the life of your scooter but also enhances your riding experience.
Owning an electric scooter in Nepal is not only environmentally friendly but also economically beneficial. Take proper care of your electric scooter through regular maintenance to maximize its battery life, charging time, mileage, and overall performance. To learn more about the Slane N90 electric scooter and its features, visit Jamuni Auto Centre’s website or contact us at 9802345474.